DIY Air Purifier Activated Charcoal
How to make an economical activated charcoal air purifier at home ?
- Buy some high quality activated carbon granules. 4×8 mesh size with high CTC and Iodine value is a good buy. Iodine above 900 is recommended
- Get a jute bag pouch and cloth
- Get a canvas based plastic through which air can pass through
- Put the granular carbon in the plastic caves bag. Seal the bag with stapler or sewing machine. 150 -200 grams per bag is idea home application size
- Then put that plastic canvas in a jute bag and seal the jute bag. Put a small jute rope around the jute bag for a hang easy application
- Blow through once side and see if air can pass through.
- Use for 15 -20 days
- Regenerate after 48 hours in the sun to remove adsorbed toxins / odour / particles
- Replace carbon after 20 days in the bag
Now you can make portable eco friendly air purifier at home