Activated Carbon – A Health Aid Or Trouble In Disguise
Activated carbon is one of the most versatile compounds which have multiple uses to offer. There are too many people who have been enjoying the different uses which this product has to offer. However, sometimes, people question how safe it is to use activated carbon. Here, we are going to measure both the pros and cons of using this product which will help us come to a decision as to whether r not, we should categorize it as a health aid or does it seem to be more trouble than what people imagine it to be.
The blessings of activated carbon
First we will take a look at the different benefits which activated carbon has.
- Easy detoxification: the right use of activated carbon will help you in efficient detoxification. Activated carbon is by nature an adsorbent. This gives it the ability to adsorb the toxic chemicals. As the carbon molecules are not absorbed by the walls of the intestine, the molecules are not digested by the human body. Hence, the toxic chemicals upon binding on the activated carbon molecules are finally released outside thereby leaving the body detoxified.
- It helps in cleaning teeth and removes stain marks of teeth as well.
- There are reports that indicate that activated charcoal can turn out to be handy in lowering the level of cholesterol and this is why it is sometimes administered to heart patients.
- It can also aid in much better and efficient digestion because activated charcoal is known to cure problems of gas, flatulence and more.
The list can be very long as one can find that the use of this product spans to a lot of different diverse genres. One can find various pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications of activated carbon. With so many benefits of one single compound, people were compelled to check, if there were any possible troubles and side effects using it. Let us explore the same now.
The troubles with activated carbon
While there isn’t’ much evidence of some really strong adverse side effects that have emanated from the use of activated charcoal, there are a few cases and symptoms that deserve attention.
- A lot of users reported black stools and even black tongue owing to consumption of activated charcoal.
- Women who are pregnant and even those who are breast feeding need to be much more careful because it can alter with the health of the child and lead to some complications as well.
- Vomiting, diarrhea and nausea are some very common symptoms which are associated with the use of activated carbon.
Hence, measuring both these points, we can say that one should tap the most out of activated charcoal by making sure that it is administered under strict medical guidance. One should not rush through the process of using it because the dosage can turn out to be an extremely crucial factor. When used in an apt manner, it is definitely a boon which we can cherish.